Compliance & Admissions Manager
FirstPoint USA are an international sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint work with over 2,500 US universities to increase their domestic and international reach, whilst identifying suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
As we continue to expand our business, we have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Talent Management team with the role of Compliance & Admissions Manager. Based at our head office in Glasgow, the successful candidate will be responsible for activating our service for recently signed student-athletes and their families and guiding them through the first phase of our talent management process.
Candidates should have a good understanding of US university admissions requirements, and the opportunity is ideal for someone with experience either as a University or Schools Admissions Counsellor.
Activating the FirstPoint USA client service for recently signed student-athletes and their families.
- Providing expert guidance and advice on the US university admissions process.
- Managing academic transcripts, admissions, athletic compliance and eligibility, and meeting admissions deadlines.
- Scheduling and hosting online meetings with clients and their families throughout the first phase of our activation process.
- Provide a first-class customer service experience for our clients.
- Managing the compliance & eligibility process for our clients.
- Simplify complex information in an understandable manner to clients from all around the world.
- Stay abreast of NCAA/NAIA/NJCAA legislation changes across all divisions and implement effectively.
- Liaise effectively with other departments within FirstPoint regarding updates and client advancement through the FirstPoint USA program.
- Managing/organizing expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Strive to reach and exceed set targets whilst maintaining quality.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience as either a University or School Admissions Counsellor, strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the US admissions process and timeline, and a good understanding of US university admissions requirements, and US collegiate sport.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the confidence to establish and manage relationships with clients and their families.
- The ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines in a challenging and demanding environment.
- A proven track record of meeting targets and delivering results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
- Highly motivated, positive, and resilient with an empathetic personality,
- Well-developed IT skills, covering Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
c. £30,000 - £45,000 commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
Based in Glasgow.