Women's Football Consultant (Soccer)
FirstPoint USA are a sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint works with over 2,500 US universities to increase their international reach and identify suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
We are seeking ambitious candidates for the role of Women’s Football Consultant (Soccer), to develop, manage and grow our women’s soccer business, with the objective of increasing the pipeline of student-athlete candidates from the women’s football market for sports scholarships in the US. This position is a key role within our sports team, and we are looking for experienced, energetic and well-connected candidates to lead the continued expansion of our women’s soccer activity.
With well-established partnerships in place, including professional club academies in the UK and internationally, national governing bodies such as Scottish Women’s Football, and other industry organisations, as well as the regular staging of Talent ID football trial events across different territories, we have developed a strong portfolio of footballers seeking life-changing opportunities in the USA. The successful candidate will help to build on that success, support players through the process and work with our sports team to increase our female soccer clientele.
If you are a self-starter with a strong football background and an affinity with our target audience, this is the perfect role for you.
- Reporting to our Director of Sport, contribute to the continued development and growth our women’s soccer business
- Increase the pipeline of young female soccer players as student-athlete candidates, ensuring KPIs are achieved
- Manage and develop relationships with prospective women’s soccer clients and their families
- Working with strategic partners within the football market, such as clubs, academies and national governing bodies, who will contribute to growing our business, both domestically and internationally
- Contribute to the coordination and implementation of our annual football events plan, including the successful delivery of our UK and international Talent ID events
- Lead the delivery of event presentations to young female football players to raise awareness of FirstPoint USA and the opportunities we offer, at events and with partner organisations
- Work with current and former female soccer clients and partners to generate positive testimonials and case studies
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Executive Team on KPIs and other performance metrics, highlighting successes, opportunities and challenges
- Support our Talent Management and Sports Recruitment teams with the transition of student-athlete clients
- Experience of working within the football industry with knowledge of young female performance level players, both UK and internationally
- A football playing or coaching background with US collegiate soccer experience desirable
- An established network within the football industry
- Strong track record of relationship building and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Commercially focused with experience in business development desirable
- Good communicator who is comfortable building relationships with players, coaches and parents
- High attention to detail with good planning skills
- Self-starter, confident, positive and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- A passion for improving the lives of young people
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
Career progression if successful in this role would be promotion to Head of Women’s Football.
£28,000 - £45,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
Based in Glasgow, Scotland, with regular travel across the UK and internationally