Director of College Scouting
FirstPoint USA are an international sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint work with over 2,500 US universities to increase their domestic and international reach, whilst identifying suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
As we continue to expand our soccer business, we are seeking candidates with extensive experience in the industry for the new role of Director of College Scouting. A key position within our senior management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with, creating new, and nurturing existing partnerships with NCAA colleges and their respective soccer coaches. The primary objective of the role is to ensure that FirstPoint USA is recognised as the leading source of talent in NCAA soccer, both in the US and internationally, and overseeing key relationships across our collegiate network.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who have had a prominent career in either professional or college soccer, with knowledge of the US college pathway, with the ambition to match FirstPoint USA’s strategic vision.
- Engaging with and developing partnerships with our existing network of NCAA colleges and their respective soccer coaches.
- Establishing and developing new partnerships with NCAA colleges and their respective soccer coaches not currently within our network
- The in-person review and assessment of a college program’s playing style, campus visits, engagement with Head / Assistant coaches.
- Capturing feedback and reporting on each respective team’s recruitment and player requirements.
- Regular liaison with our dedicated Talent Management Team (Soccer) for the purpose of sharing information on suitable players matching the academic and playing requirements of the college.
- Raising awareness of the FirstPoint USA brand and service among the US college and club/Academy coach network.
- Maintaining FirstPoint USA’s presence at key events, including the MLS Next Cup series and other notable soccer events, and being a focal point of contact within the US soccer industry.
- Work closely with key members of our soccer team, including the Director of Football and Head of Football Academy Partnerships.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience & Skills
- Candidates should have high level experience from prominent career in either professional or college soccer, either as a player or Head Coach.
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills, with the ability to build and develop strong relationships across the US college coach network.
- Excellent scouting / player analysis, and knowledge of the US college pathway.
- Extensive knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- High attention to detail with good planning skills.
- Self-starter, confident, positive and proactive.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment.
c. £70,000 - £90,000 ($85,000 - $110,000) commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
Based at our Head Office in UK or US locations