Director of School Partnerships
FirstPoint USA is an international sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities across the United States for talented sportsmen and women. And as the global leader on sports scouting and recruitment, we work with a network of 2,500 universities and colleges to increase their international reach and identify sporting and academic talent on their behalf. Supporting young athletes in 18 different sports, we have developed life-changing opportunities for more than 30,000 young people to play and study at some of the best universities in the US.
We are seeking candidates for the exciting new role of Director of School Partnerships, to lead our activity in this area of the business, developing new relationships/partnerships and growing existing relationships with our network of partner schools in the UK and internationally. The role will promote the athletic and academic pathway for young people in the States to our target audience of senior school pupils, parents and teachers, and help position the US sports scholarship opportunity as an accessible option for students progressing into higher education.
- Establish and develop new partnerships and links that will enable and enhance recruitment from schools with academically able and athletically talented students to increase the pipeline of prospective student-athletes.
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships with schools, through relationship building with Heads of Sports, Careers Advisors, and other relevant staff.
- Actively engage educators in understanding the opportunities that are available for their students via the US sports scholarship pathway.
- Promote the link between the school and FirstPoint USA and the ways that the organisations can work together to support and prepare young people to achieve their full academic and athletic potential.
- Lead on and execute robust communication and events to raise awareness of, enhance the reputation of, and establish FirstPoint USA as the US sports scholarship agency of choice for students, their advisors, parents and teachers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers in key schools in the UK and internationally to support the delivery of FirstPoint USA’s operational plan.
- Facilitate opportunities to deliver presentations, workshops, and sports assessment events within schools to prospective student-athletes, parents, teachers and career advisors.
- Develop a series of online educational opportunities for school career advisors, utilising guest speakers from US colleges, that aims to improve their understanding of US college admissions and the scale of FirstPoint USA’s network.
- Deliver outstanding customer service through all touchpoints, including in-school workshops, presentations, drop-in visits, and communication tools.
- Work with our marketing team to help increase engagement with schools through social media and other communication platforms, ensuring they are highly engaging, coordinated and audience-appropriate..
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the independent schools sector, in a commercial or senior role.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the UK and international education system.
- Extensive relationship management experience (ideally within education).
- An excellent networker with an ability to identify key contacts and develop a strong stakeholder network.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- An ability to lead and influence internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to maintain work standards requiring close attention to detail and to excellent customer care and service standards.
- Willingness to travel to various locations in the UK and abroad.
c. £60,000 - £70,000 per annum commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
The role is based at our head office in Glasgow, Scotland and will involve significant travel across the UK and internationally.