FirstPoint USA are a sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented student-athletes. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint works with over 2,500 US universities to increase their international reach and identify suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
As we continue to expand our business in the UK and internationally, we are seeking experienced candidates for the exciting role of Events Manager. Based at our head office in Glasgow, the postholder will have responsibility for coordinating, managing and delivering our portfolio of assessment trials and events, with the objective of improving our event experience for participants and stakeholders. Working closely with other departments, external partners and venues, the Events Manager will oversee our UK and international schedule across different sports, including football, rugby, golf, basketball and hockey. The role will report into the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of our events portfolio, including assessment trials, showcase days and other Talent ID events, from planning to on-site management.
- Oversee venue recces and procurement, booking and contract negotiating, ensuring each venue fully meets our requirements, developing strong relationships with venue personnel and related suppliers to facilitate return visits.
- Working closely with colleagues to manage and coordinate our schedule of events in the UK and internationally.
- Working with partner organisations including schools, clubs and academies, to secure high-quality venues for staging and hosting events, identifying effective strategies to drive attendance at events, monitor registrations and flagging concerns.
- Manage on-site requirements, travel logistics, catering and health and safety requirements, around each event.
- Ensure systems are in place to ensure that the company is adhering to all relevant health and safety regulations at events, including the safeguarding of the young people in attendance.
- Provide staff with detailed event briefings and guidance for delivery of events.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure a consistent, high-quality brand presence to enhance the event experience, including signage and merchandise.
- Manage suppliers and control costs to deliver events within budget.
- Manage risk by identifying potential risks associated with the event and developing strategies to mitigate them.
- Lead the debrief and review of events to continually improve future delivery, including feedback from participants and team members.
- Work with Senior Management Team to identify and scope new event opportunities which achieve business growth.
- Work with colleagues to identify relevant industry events at which FirstPoint USA would benefit from having a presence at.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of coordinating or managing events in a similar role.
- Ability to manage multiple logistics and schedules.
- Venue procurement experience.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with suppliers and partner organisations.
- Highly organised and excellent planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- A passion for delivering customer service excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player who is confident, positive and proactive.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment.
- Experience in sports is desirable though not essential … you do however need have a genuine interest in sport.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
£35,000 - £45,000 depending on level of experience
The role is based in Glasgow with the requirement to travel throughout the UK and internationally. We have recently staged events in the UAE, Australia, India and the US.