Senior Sports Consultant - Rugby
FirstPoint USA are a sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint works with over 2,500 US universities to increase their international reach and identify suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
We are seeking ambitious candidates for our exciting new Head of Rugby role, to develop, oversee and grow our rugby business, with the objective of increasing the pipeline of student-athlete candidates from the rugby market for sports scholarships in the US. We are looking for an experienced, passionate and well-connected candidate to lead our rugby activity.
Rugby is the fastest growing collegiate sport in the US and we have a growing demand from our US college and university partners for international players. Coupled with increasing investment in Major League Rugby opening up future professional playing opportunities and the men’s and women’s Rugby World Cup being hosted in the USA next decade, it is an exciting time to be involved in the sport Stateside.
If you have a strong network in the sport who can identify talented young male and female players, work with strategic partners in the sport and help raise awareness of the US collegiate rugby opportunities within our target audience, this is the perfect role for you.
- Lead and grow our rugby business
- Assist with increasing the pipeline of young male and female rugby players as student-athletes, contributing to the achievement of KPIs
- Develop relationships with prospective rugby clients and their families
- Responsible for identifying suitable strategic partners within the rugby market, such as independent schools, clubs, academies, and event stakeholders, who will contribute to growing our business, both domestically and internationally
- Work with partners to deliver a pipeline of qualified student-athlete candidates
- Activate our annual plan for rugby activity
- Work closely with the marketing team to activate and raise the profile of our rugby activity through social media, PR opportunities and e-communication
- Work with the Events Team to identify suitable event opportunities and be our presence at such events, including assessment trials and presentations
- Lead the delivery of presentations to young rugby players to raise awareness of FirstPoint USA and the opportunities we offer
- Grow FirstPoint USA’s network and profile within the rugby market, becoming the face of our rugby activity
- Monthly reporting to Executive Team on KPIs and other performance metrics, highlighting successes, opportunities and challenges
- Experience of working within the rugby industry with knowledge of young performance level players, both UK and internationally
- An established network within the rugby industry
- Strong track record of relationship building and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Commercially focused with experience in business development desirable
- Good communicator who is comfortable building relationships with players, coaches, parents, and industry bodies
- Self-starter, confident, positive and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- A passion for improving the lives of young people
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
£28,000 – £40,000 (+ performance related bonus) commensurate with experience
Glasgow, Scotland (with the opportunity to work remotely)