Senior Sports Consultant - Women's Rowing
FirstPoint USA are a sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint works with over 2,500 US universities to increase their international reach and identify suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
We are seeking ambitious candidates for our exciting new Senior Sports Consultant – Women’s Rowing role, to develop, manage and grow our rowing client business, with the objective of increasing the pipeline of student-athlete candidates from the rowing market for sports scholarships in the US. This position is a key role within our sports management team, and we are looking for experienced, energetic and well-connected candidates to lead and raise the profile of our rowing activity.
Collegiate women’s rowing is a highly competitive environment, with just over 100 teams across NCAA DI and DII offering places. FirstPoint USA has secured scholarships for a number of talented international rowers in recent years, and we want to increase our reach across the UK and other territories where rowing is a prevalent sport.
If you are a self-starter with a strong network in the sport, with an ambition to take ownership of your area of the business, this is the perfect role for you.
- Develop, manage and grow our women’s rowing business
- Increase the pipeline of young female rowers as student-athlete candidates, ensuring KPIs are achieved
- Manage and develop relationships with prospective rowing clients and their families
- Responsible for identifying suitable strategic partners within the rowing market, such as independent schools, clubs, governing bodies and event stakeholders, who will contribute to growing our business, both domestically and internationally
- Work with partners to deliver a pipeline of qualified student-athlete candidates
- Develop and implement an annual plan for our rowing activity, within the wider Sports Management Team’s annual plan
- Identify relevant sponsorship opportunities which raise the profile of FirstPoint USA with students, families, clubs, coaches and rowing organisations
- Manage and review the rowing budget, analyse commercial spend and deliver agreed ROI
- Work closely with the marketing team to activate and raise the profile of our rowing activity through social media, PR opportunities and e-communication
- Work with the Events Manager to identify any suitable event opportunities and manage our presence at such events
- Lead the delivery of presentations to young rowers to raise awareness of FirstPoint USA and the opportunities we offer
- Work with current and former rowing clients and partners to generate positive testimonials and case studies
- Grow FirstPoint USA’s network and profile within the women’s rowing market, becoming the face of our rowing activity
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Executive Team on KPIs and other performance metrics, highlighting successes, opportunities and challenges
- Support our Talent Management team through your rowing network
- Experience of working, competing or coaching in rowing with knowledge of young performance level athletes, both UK and internationally
- An established network within the rowing industry
- Strong track record of relationship building and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Commercially focused with experience in business development desirable
- Good communicator who is comfortable building relationships with athletes, coaches, parents, and industry bodies
- High attention to detail with good planning skills
- Self-starter, confident, positive and proactive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- A passion for improving the lives of young people
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
Career progression if successful in this role would be promotion to Head of Women's Rowing.
£35,000 - £55,000 commensurate with experience
Remote working (Our Head Office is in Glasgow)