Sports Consultant (UK)
FirstPoint USA are a sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint works with over 2,500 US universities to increase their international reach and identify suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
We are seeking an ambitious Sports Consultant with a genuine passion for sports, keen eye for talent, with experience in a customer focused role; to join our expanding team in the UK. You will of course be a great communicator; target driven and share our passion for creating life-changing opportunities for talented sportsmen and women. As a Sports Consultant you will be an ambassador for our brand, responsible for evaluating, interviewing, and signing suitable student-athletes for the company.
- Evaluate, interview, and sign eligible student-athletes on behalf of the company.
- Manage and deliver student-athlete focused engagement and recruitment activities.
- Provide accurate and detailed information regarding US academic and sporting opportunities to prospective athletes and their families.
- Meet and exceed sales targets.
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of a variety of sporting and student open events including trial events, education forums, partner workshops and conferences.
- Deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences on the benefits of FirstPoint USA and sports scholarship opportunities in America.
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business strategic objectives of FirstPoint USA.
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
- You will have had first-hand experience of US collegiate sport, either as a student-athlete or parent of a student-athlete.
- You will have minimum of 2 years customer facing sales experience in a business-to-client role, preferably within the education/sports industry however, this is not essential.
- You will have a proven track record of meeting targets and delivering results.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will have the ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
- You will be a highly motivated, positive, and resilient individual with an empathetic personality, able to effectively connect with a variety of audiences using your excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You will have well-developed IT skills, covering Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
£26,000 - £35,000 OTE