Sports Recruitment Manager
FirstPoint USA are an international sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint work with over 2,500 US universities to increase their domestic and international reach, whilst identifying suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
As we continue to expand our business, we have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Talent Management team with the role of Sports Recruitment Manager. Based at our head office in Glasgow, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and securing scholarship deals for FirstPoint USA athletes to US colleges across a variety of sports. You will be the intermediary between the athlete, their family, and US college coaches/recruitment staff, while developing relationships with coaches across FirstPoint USA’s network in supporting their recruitment needs.
The opportunity is an ideal role for someone with experience in sports recruitment or recruitment in general and a passion for US college sport.
- Secure suitable academic and sporting scholarship deals for clients that are aligned to their academic, athletic, and financial needs.
- Manage all aspects within the second phase of the ‘scholarship journey’ on behalf of client and their family.
- Develop a strong, sustainable network of contacts within the US college system.
- Maintain excellent communications with our US college coach network and stay tuned into their recruitment needs.
- Provide a first-class customer service experience for our clients.
- Simplify complex information in an understandable manner to clients from all around the world.
- Liaise effectively with other departments within the business regarding updates and client advancement through the FirstPoint USA program.
- Strive to reach and exceed set targets whilst maintaining quality.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs and other performance metrics, highlighting successes, opportunities and challenges.
- Reporting into Director of Operations.
- Experience of sports recruitment or recruitment industry in general.
- Experience of working within the US college sport industry as a coach (Head of Assistant) would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the confidence to establish and manage relationships with clients and their families.
- Knowledge and experience of US collegiate sport and the sports scholarship process.
- The ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines in a challenging and demanding environment.
- A proven track record of meeting targets and delivering results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
- Highly motivated, positive, and resilient with an empathetic personality,
- Well-developed IT skills, covering Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
c. £30,000 - £45,000 commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- 43 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Plus, everyone gets their birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working
Based in Glasgow.