Talent ID Manager (US BASED)
FirstPoint USA are an international sports agency that creates scholarship opportunities to universities in the United States for talented sportsmen and women. As the global leader in sports scouting and recruitment, FirstPoint work with over 2,500 US universities to increase their domestic and international reach, whilst identifying suitable sporting and academic talent on their behalf.
As we continue to expand our male and female soccer recruitment activity in the US, we have established partnerships with leading clubs and academies across the States, to provide hands-on support to players, families and clubs in the transition and progression to college and university. In strengthening our US activity, we are seeking energetic and passionate candidates to manage talent at our partner soccer clubs and academies in the US with the roles based permanently at each partner club.
- The Talent ID Manager (TID) will be the primary point of contact for players, families and club staff for all matters relating to the college pathway, soccer recruitment and admissions advice.
- Assess and evaluate all partner club players, will providing free consultation and general guidance for those seeking to explore collegiate soccer opportunities.
- Contribute to the continued development and growth our US soccer recruitment.
- Increase the pipeline of soccer players as student-athlete candidates, ensuring KPIs are achieved.
- Lead the delivery of presentations to players and families at partner club events to education and inform players and families of the opportunities we support.
- Work with current and former soccer clients from partner clubs to generate positive testimonials and case studies.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on KPIs and other performance metrics, highlighting successes, opportunities and challenges.
- Support our wider Talent Management team with the transition of student-athlete clients into universities and college teams.
- The TID will report into the Regional Director of Soccer.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Candidates will ideally have experience as an NCAA college coach (Head or Assistant) with expert knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, with the ability to build and develop good relationships across their club network.
- High level playing/coaching experience with good scouting and player analysis ability.
- High attention to detail with good planning skills.
- Self-starter, confident, positive and proactive.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-on environment.
$60,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
Based in the US at a partner club.